The Lehigh Valley was a major coal hauler, carrying anthracite from Pennsylvania’s mines across northern New Jersey to wharves across the Hudson River from New York City. In the latter 1800s, it was in the midst of expansion, building new lines and acquiring existing ones that had routes it wanted. One of those expansions was in the form of the subsidiary Easton & Amboy RR. The E&A went through Bloomsbury, arriving after the CNJ, and built its line along the south side of town in 1875. Passenger service was important to the LV, and it soon built a wooden depot on the north side of its new main line. The author has drawn scale plans for scratchbuilding the depot, available as an online extra for registered users.